With only a few employees, Wilhelm und Ursula Votteler rebuild the office building in Augustenstraße, Stuttgart-Mitte.
Hildegard Votteler dies on 03.03.1957. Her son Wilhelm pays off his brothers and sisters who are not active in the company and assumes sole responsibility. At that time, delivery was still based on the principle: “The truck drives if there are enough orders.” That’s just unimaginable today! Due to huge distances and reduced mobility at the time, many customers could be visited only every 8 to 10 weeks. Under the urging of Ursula Votteler, representing her husband in sales force for the first time during a longer hospital stay, a shorter visiting frequency is introduced.
Jürgen Votteler, the son of Wilhelm and Ursula Votteler, joins the company on 11.01.1967. He has already been involved in business decision during his studies. In 1970, a 6-m sheet metal bender is put into operation on his initiative. Services can thus be significantly improved.
By then, the premises in Augustenstraße 9 1/2 no longer provide enough space. At the end of persistent negotiations mainly led by Ursula Votteler the company moves into a new office in Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Schockenriedstraße 48. They move houses on 07.26.1970, facing considerable difficulties. The commercial staff, for example, has to work in an office provisionally installed in the warehouse for more than a year.